February 17, 2018
Thank you for supporting Islander Army ROTC at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi.
This run is open to the public. We extend a special welcome to alumni and military service members and veterans!
Join us for...
- Chip timed, USATF certified course, primarily on the scenic hike-and-bike trail at the university's island campus. The course is entirely on paved surfaces and is wheelchair accessible.
- Army-themed dog tag finisher medals
- Awards for top age group and overall winners
- T-shirts guaranteed to the first 200
Age groups: 14 and under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79
The course is a USATF certified 5K. It runs out and back from the Hammerhead Parking lot, following the university hike-and-bike trail. It takes place on paved surfaces and is wheelchair accessible.
Course map (jpg)
Packet pickup & on-site registration
- 12 pm-5 pm Friday, February 16 at the ROTC building, Classroom West. No need to worry about campus parking. We will be outside to meet you. Classroom West is building 8 on the campus map. Directions: from Ocean Drive, turn right into Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi at the first university entrance, Island Boulevard. Take the first possible left, at the first stop sign. Again, take your first possible left. Classroom West is the building immediately to your right, with ROTC signs on it.
- 7:15-7:45 am Saturday, February 17 at the race start location, Hammerhead Parking Lot (see directions below).
Event day schedule
- 7:15 am: Event day packet pickup & registration
- 8:00 am: Wheelchair 5K start
- 8:05 am: General 5K start
The run will begin and end at the Hammerhead parking lot at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi. Take Ocean Drive east, and turn right into the second university entrance.
Questions about the 5K & Push-up Challenge: email@example.com
We welcome new sponsors and recognize your contribution before, during and after the event. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Visit the TAMUCC Homecoming calendar for the rest of the Homecoming 2017 festivities.